Friday 31 August 2012

Another Reason to Smile

Gosh, can you believe it is the last day in August?!  Of course, that also means it's the last day of the August promotion, where you can earn the lovely Reason to Smile stamp set for absolutely free, and it's also the last day of the Summer Mini Catalogue. Sadly we have to say goodbye to those lovely sets such as Bordering on Romance, Apothecary Art, Love & Laughter, The Open Sea, Cherish the Moments, Up, Up & Away, Pedal Presents, Tea Shoppe........ as well as the wonderful Twitterpated paper range, scented embossing powder and more.  So this really is the last minute if you want any of these goodies for your collection!  Just send me an email or give me a ring on 07977 141605.

Now I've done the sales pitch (!), here is another card using my Reason to Smile set:


I stamped a piece of white card with two of the flowers from Reason to Smile.  The outlines were all done in Concord Crush. The second layer of stamping of the smaller flowers is Wisteria Wonder, while I used Peach Parfait for the larger flower, adding in more detail with my Peach Parfait and More Mustard marker pens.  The greeting is from Trendy Trees, stamped in VersaMark and embossed in white.  I layered the top panels of Concord Crush card on dimensionals to set them above the stamping.

Supplies
Stamps: Reason to Smile, Trendy Trees
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, marker pens in Peach Parfait and More Mustard
Card: Concord Crush, Whisper White
Other: stamp-a-ma-jig, VersaMark, white embossing powder, dimensionals

I must be psychic as I was making this card this morning, and then the Daring Cardmakers' new challenge 'Focus on Flowers' pops up as I'm about to post!  Clearly it was meant to be!

Reading through yesterday's comments on the food was quite funny.  If I were to accept every request to move into my house, it would be very full indeed!  In all seriousness, the recipes were not difficult to follow and they are really tasty so do give them a go.

Today's cat picture is another one sent by Anne-Marie, which did make me chuckle:


Thanks for visiting, my friends,

30 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria

    It's amazing to think that it's the last day of August. This year has gone amazingly fast again. Beautiful card. Gorgeous colours used and lovely stamps. Have a great weekend.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous, love this colour looks like a certain chocolate brand lol. Will have to check out the catalogue stuff cos there may be stuff i need lol. Hugs, Amanda x
    PS how is the treehouse build progressing, I can't see it clearly from the swings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colour and stamp combo here Victoria.

    BRILLIANT cat picture . . . also LOVED yesterday's one.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love that cat!! and your card too. Great choice of colours Victoria. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card there Victoria. Being purple you go to the top of the class!
    Funny cat pic too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had to look close at this because I LOVE it! I've been trying to think what I could do for customer cards this month and I think I may have found it. At first I thought it was a window and wondered how you did that, but on closer look I think it's 2 panels framing the design. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I just pee'd my pants! howled at the cat pic. My face is aching with laughing at it. It reminds me of the time I went out to see my son in a nativity play, we had two kittens at the time. When I came back the kittens had totally destroyed the Christmas tree! All the needles were on the floor and baubles were just hanging off bending bare branches. I laughed so hard it hurt! That's a gorgeous blue colour that card, I like it. The flowers are beautiful. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card-and that gorgeous purple really shows off the flowers :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, Victoria and the cat picture made me chuckle! It reminded me of when my peace lily which was in a lovely china pot crashed to the ground and my little cat was sitting proudly in the wreckage LOL. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, no synchro-commenting today - you beat me to it! That's a good sales pitch... you're a terrible temptress, but I've already done some crafty shopping today, so I'm going to batten down the hatches on my willpower and resist (though the Open Sea is amazing - No!)! I love your card - so beautifully made with such lovely rich colours - yum! Cat had me on the floor!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love the purple hues--that card makes me sing! I love the purple cardstock too with its lovely texture! Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend! --Sandy Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Victoria, such beautiful stamping and colouriing. I do so enjoy the cat photo's as they regularly bring a smile to my face Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...now that's a seriously beautiful card! Gorgeous is not an over-statement and the layout really makes it unique....clever girl!
    The cat piccie reminds me of how many times MY KIDS have used that kind of line on me...hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Victoria! Love that purple and the flowers are beautiful! The cat photo reminds me of a kitten I bought for a friend, after one night shut in my kitchen...it fetched the curtains down too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fab Victoria! You do make some super cards.

    Snorting with laughter at the cat wot did it :)

    And, I hear from Mrs A that there's a huge delivery of wood for the tree house on Tuesday, right about the time I take off for me hols. So, who had THAT idea in the first place huh, huh?!?!?!

    Have a super weekend, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Victoria! Love the solid purple CS and then the splash with the stamped image. Incredibly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a stunning card!!!
    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done -- nice!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh fab design and such gorgeous colours! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Victoria, I love that Concord Crush card stock.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super stamping Victoria what a lovely card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS...Thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a really cool and smart card Victoria :) Love the simplicity of it, the image has such impact!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really, really, really like this card. Can you tell I like it? I LOVE what you did with the CS. Just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A super card Victoria!! I love the stamping and the way the panels are layered. It's gorgeous :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your colours and split frame. The white embossed sentiment really pops! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card honey, that purple is such a stunning shade. The colours from the stamp compliment the purple perfectly. I love the kitty pic, you can just imagine the cat saying that can't you lol. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card, I love the colour - and that cat photo is hilarious! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card, I love purple.

    Thanks for the inspiration, I have got that stamp set, it has made me look at it in a different way, I can have a good old play now!

    Take care and happy crafting.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is BEAUTIFUL, Victoria!!! LOVE the strip of flowers--pinning this one for future reference! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.