Monday 1 April 2013

My New Toy

It's Mrs Furry Tale's birthday later on this week and Mr Furry Tale was so kind in giving me my birthday present early so I can play with it over the Easter holidays...  it's already living up to its name...


...binding everything in sight!  Here are a couple of notebooks made with the beautiful Tea for Two papers.  There isn't a single design I'm not keen on in this pack and it's quite difficult choosing which side of the paper to use.  One of the papers is really handy for making pinwheels like I've done above.  The paper has a dotted faux embroidery pattern that you can just cut along and fold in the necessary triangles.  I've secured the centres with a Calypso Coral brad that I got free in a SU offer last year.


The 'notes' letters were die cut with my well-loved Timeless Type alphabet set, first in Crumb Cake and then again in Early Espresso to give them the shadow (a tip I picked up on Pinterest).

My bind-it-all is already proving vital in my battle against the scrap mountain so I'm taking these little notebooks across to play in Di's Crafty Playground.

Supplies
Card: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, SU packaging -- recycled into notebook covers!
Paper: Tea for Two, snippets for pages
Other: cocktail stick, bind-it-all, antique brass 1 1/4" binding rings, Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies (retired), Calypso Coral brads (retired)

Here's a couple more little notebooks I've made with smaller bindings:


The sun is shining up here in north Lancashire and I can see the snow-covered summit of Ingleborough Fell as I type.  Spring does feel like it's on the way, but saying this will probably cause another late snow flurry!  I'll risk this picture though... they're hares anyway so maybe the snow will be 'hare today, gone tomorrow'...


Right, I'm off to see what else I can bind......  Thanks for visiting,

16 comments:

  1. What a brilliant birthday present - and great makes already!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great note books, love the pinwheels. Who's a lucky girl then getting a present like that! Had to chuckle at the kung-fu bunnies too. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like alot - I have been thinking of getting one of these for a while and may well have to invest as it looks a great tool. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your BIA and Birthday. I love mine so I hope you get as much fun as I do!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous note pads Victoria - especially love the pinwheel and love that photograph! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Victoria, I love the paper you've used for the big one. Many hoppy returns for your birthday! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Victoria,

    Thanks for stopping by!

    I love the notebooks you've been creating! How fun to have a new toy to play with (and you even got it early!).

    Happy Birthday to you!!!

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I really ought to get mine out and play more with it! Have a great birthday and keep the projects coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, aren't these fun! Love the cover designs! Have a fun time playing. And a very happy birthday! It was so good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic note pads! I love the pinwheels (I just got my die from SU :)). Great tip about the shadow on the text too TFS, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little notebooks...always needed and now you can custom make them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky girl! Love those notebooks and what a super pressie. Hope you have a great birthday. Fabby pic of the boxing hares too :))

    Am LOVING my SU goodies - thank you for being my new SU demo-person, everything is absolutely as I'd hoped!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gradually creeping up on me that I really want one of these, too. Are they easy to use? I love what you've made here and I'm itching to have a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo you lucky thing and Happy Birthday for the special day when it arrives :0)
    Love the notebooks you've made.... I often look at this tool and wonder if I would make enough to make it worth buying :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your notebooks are really awesome, Victoria! I may be stealing, er, CASEing those bottom two designs for my journal covers, thank you very much!!

    And happy, happy early birthday and many, more!! Mr. Furry Tale is still Best Husband Ever I see!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely notebooks. My BIA has been on a shelf for ages, must dust it off!
    Hugs, Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.