Tuesday 20 August 2013

Scrapping Our Scan Photos

I simply couldn't delay adding our scan pictures to our scrapbook and got planning a layout last week.  I wanted to use the new pastel in-colours that Stampin' Up! has brought out this year and got to work using up lots of snippets.  Here's what I came up with:


I'd love to take credit for the lovely wording but I came across it on the internet and thought it was perfect.  Our three pictures are mounted on some Baked Brown Sugar card with little flags cut out of Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana.  The little journalling tag and heart are leftover from the Artisans Embellishments Kit I enjoyed working with from the last Spring/Summer Seasonal Catalogue.  The lettering and rub-ons aren't SU - part of the lettering is from a sticker alphabet set and part is die-cut out of more scraps of in-colour card.  All of this is on a sheet of Very Vanilla patterned paper - SU have brought out new stacks with new patterns now that the colour families have been updated.  I'm trying to use up my old stacks so I can play with the new ones!


Supplies
Card: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Very Vanilla patterned paper from the neutrals stack (retired)
Other: Artisan Embellishment Kit (retired)
Other (non-SU): rub-on, butterfly and delight tag, sticker alphabet sheet, alphabet dies

Hope this makes you go 'awww'!  As it uses up lots of snippets, I'm taking it for a play in the Playground which is always lots of fun!

Before you go, just check out this house!


Have a lovely day,

15 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous layout, those colours go together so well, my the little one is growing fast. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,how lovely Victoria :) Those colours look perfect against the black and white piccies of "little bump"
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout, but so exciting to see the scan pictures. Are you going to find out in advance or just wait and see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did more than aww huni! You've made me tear ducts a bit damp. What a lovely thing to do and such a beautiful layout too. Huge hugs and kisses to the wonderful parents to be Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous layout Victoria, I bet this one will be treasured. I love your little banners and pretty colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As beautiful as this layout is, just wait until you have that new little one to fill the pages with! What a treasure this will be for him/her some day when they realize how excited you were before they even arrived & how much they were loved & wanted. You have such joy ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable page of scrap ! Beautiful combo and wirtting. I like the series of banners. Great job !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely go an 'awwww' from me Victoria! You will treasure this. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Victoria!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Victoria, this is just beautiful! To be treasured I'm sure and such pretty colours. Of course 'babe's' piccies are centre stage!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all congratulations Victoria. So pleased for you and secondly what a wonderful layout. The sentiment is so special. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Victoria, I just had to pop over and see this when I spotted it on Di's showcase. It's a brilliant layout ... love the wording, very apt I'm sure, and all those little fishtail banners are fab. Wish they did scanning photos when I was pregnant way back in the dark ages ... such a lovely part of your story. Oh, the Boss has been told to avert her eyes ... otherwise she would be demanding an extreme makeover too :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout... what a wonderful way to display those scan pictures. I LOVE all that lettering!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely got the AW AWARD at the Playground, Victoria!! Thank you for sharing as you take this awwwsome journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to show off Baby! I was thinking of starting a scrap book for my new grandson that is coming at the end of year and adding these type of scan pics to it. Thanks for sharing!

    Cherie
    (paperscissorsandglue)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.