Thursday 19 September 2013

Why hello Owl Punch, it's been a while...

It has been ages since I've made up an owl, so when I was asked to make a good luck card for someone, I really enjoyed playing with my punch again.  Here's what I did:


I made an owl like I did for a graduation card in the past, but I switched the rolled up scroll for a four-leaf clover (has anyone ever actually found one of these?!).  The lovely papers are all from the fabulous Epic Day collection, with the notepaper behind the owl and the arrow stickers from the coordinating Epic Day sticker pack (all part of SU's This and That range, complementing the fabulous smash book style journal).  The sentiment was computer-generated and everything was layered onto Gumball Green cardstock.

The inside was decorated to match and even the envelope wasn't allowed to remain naked!



Supplies
Card: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Paper: Epic Day Designer Series Paper
Other: Epic Day stickers, Owl Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, clover punch (non-SU)

As any owl uses one or two snippets, I'm taking this fellow to keep the pet pig company in the Playground.


Have a great day,

16 comments:

  1. What an adorable owl ! Funny card. The inside and the outside are similar : I like ! Great job!

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a super brilliant owl hun, love this! He looks awesome with his clover (no, still looking). You are clever. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,how cute is this!Beautiful card Victoria what a great idea!
    Love how you have followed the design onto the inside and onto the envelope-looks lovely :)
    Yes me!!I have found a four leaf clover! Well,several-and all from the same patch in one of the horses fields-(I saw them as I was sat one sunny afternoon on a poo picking break :)I laminated it and kept it safe for luck...(only problem is I can't seem to find it now!)well,lets hope you don't need to have it to hand for the luck to work !
    Have a lovely day,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you had great fun making this cute character Victoria! Love it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRILLIANT Victoria! I adore the good luck card combined with the wise owl :) I do recall lying for hours as a kid searching for four leaf clovers and am sure I found a couple but they could have been a variation, sigh. One way to keep a kiddie quiet though - pop that in your hints and tips folder :)

    I STILL owe you for the SU catalogue, any progress with Paypal?

    And super kitties today too!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, I still love that owl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, great owl punch. Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful owl, and the four-leaf clover is so cute echoed on the envelope. Love this, inside and out - and the great cat picture too.

    I assume you've seen the youtube video Many too small boxes and Maru on youtube? If not, prepare to squeal with laughter...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. super fun and cute!!! i need to dust off that owl punch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely owl card. Looks like you had fun making this.

    I'm the kitten on the RIGHT!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your owl card is such a delight, Victoria! In fact, you are the Queen of the owl punch cards and this is my new favorite! I am always so impressed by the love and care shown when the inside of the card and the envelope are also beautifully adorned, like you have done. Sadly, I don't usually think to go that extra mile. You are an inspiration!!

    Now, what pet pig? I miss a week and we have a pet pig?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - love that cute owl :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card Victoria
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lovely Good Luck card - I love my owl punch too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Victoria, your little owl is adorable and I love your papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.